Solar Safety ShutOFF
Solar Panel Safety is non existent unless you incorporate a Solar Safety ShutOFF. This Safety Switch for Solar enables the operator total control of their solar installation. The ability to provide rapid shut down of solar panels under any conditions provides total peace of mind, The Solar Safety ShutOFF leaves no d.c. voltages circulating in any commercial or domestic solar array.
The Solar Safety ShutOFF is designed to integrate seamlessly into any solar array. without affecting its performance or appearance. It Shuts off selected portions of any solar array, removing any combination of lethal dc voltage. This then provides safe access for Emergency Services, Home Owners and Maintenance Personnel.
This Solar Safety ShutOFF is so cost effective it can be easily fitted to any new or retrofitted to any existing solar installation worldwide. Truly Making Solar Safe!
Solar Safety ShutOFF - Solar Safety at its BEST!
- This system provides the ability to switch off any solar generator, providing a safe environment for anyone accessing a roof.
- Uses the latest air gap isolation techniques providing up to 8mm air gap in less than 5 milliseconds
- Provides true instantaneous module level shut down isolation.
- When ShutOFF leaves zero voltage potential anywhere in system
- Automatically shuts Off when heat from a fire is detected or grid power is removed
- Prevents solar panels back feeding into the grid.
- Allows emergency services an immediate and unrestricted path to attack a fire or emergency situation rather than lose precious time performing risk assessments or not be willing to go on the roof due to high risk of electric shock.
- Electricians would be able to work on the array and change faulty components knowing that NO dangerous or lethal voltage can be generated.
- Anyone would have safe access to work on or just near the array without fear of finding themselves in a hazardous situation caused by an unknown fault or damage to the array.
- Prevents potential for electric shock when cleaning solar panels.
- Is compatible with Arc Detection Units which therefore provide the ultimate solar safety system with 24/7 Safety monitoring and control.
When the Solar Safety ShutOFF is fitted to your home, anyone may stop the generation of electricity of the solar panels simply by following the standard solar shutdown procedure. In an emergency, when access to the meter box is limited the entire solar array may be deactivated, removing all lethal dc voltages just by disconnecting the incoming power at the house, the street or the nearest substation. This then provides a SAFE environment for all emergency personnel, tradespeople and you to access the solar PV system and roof knowing that NO lethal voltages are being generated anywhere in your solar installation including the solar panels and associated wiring.
Solar panel safety - news
Radio 2GB interview with CEO of Remote Solar Isolator
Remote Solar Isolator CEO Joe Hudson talks to 2GB Radio Ross Greenwood about solar panels and the safety of electricians, emergency services, the general public and homeowners.
Ross Greenwood notes solar panels are everywhere - schools and public buildings and discusses with Joe Hudson on the impacts. One of the latest concerns are road side solar panel farms. What if a car runs off the road and ploughs into the solar panels. How can emergency services rescue the trapped?
Remote Solar Isolator manufactures the Solar Safety ShutOFF which allows save access to the solar array at any time and under any circumstances, including fire, without fear of a dangerous or potentially lethal electric shock.